Sunday 17 July 2011

SBID

Nice Brew interior design has become a professional designer member of SBID , The society of British Interior Designers.

SBID was set up to promote the highest standards in professional interior design and to promote graduate level education as the industry standard.

When I tell someone I am an interior designer I find myself immediately explaining what that means and what I do as the assumption is that you're an interior decorator who chooses soft furnishings and moves furniture around and that anyone can do it. So often I hear of people doing short courses then calling them self an interior designer. In fact you don't even need to do a 6 week course to call yourself an interior designer. Anyone can. SBID's aim is to protect the consumer by creating a very clear separation from those that are professional and those who are untrained or have had little training.

Interior design is ultimately about space. It is about creating an environment that will improve the life or experience of its user. You need a lot more than knowledge of pretty wallpapers!

No comments:

Post a Comment