Tuesday 25 January 2011






The 50's were an amazing period for the emergence of abstract wallpaper and textile designs with the Festival of Britain in 1951 providing an opportunity for these news designs to be showcased. Many of the designs where derived from nature as before but shown in a much more 'modern, graphic and abstract way. I am a huge fan and I collect 50's fabric and cushions obsessively.

So when a fellow twitterer brought my attention to the 50's range of wallpapers from Sanderson, , I could hardly contain myself! I love the 'Marion Mahler' Mobiles design and I am desperately trying to think of somewhere I could hang it! Only shame is it's being made 'fashionable'.

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Can't believe I haven't seen these Sanderson papers before, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. I have persuaded the husband we have to have it and I have booked him in for wallpapering in two weeks!

    ReplyDelete