Monday 30 August 2010

















This weekend was spent in Bournemouth and on my return, looking through my pictures, there were few clues that I had actually been on a hen do! I am not very good at sitting still and, having not consumed much alcohol the night before, was up early and went off on my own exploring. Whilst the rest of the hens were having a relaxing morning back at the hotel I walked up to Boscombe and found a fab cafe that did the most amazing veggie breakfast and lovely coffee. After a good feed and read of the papers I went off exploring and rummaged through various antique, vintage clothing and mid century furniture shops. Walking back to the hotel I noticed a Victorian shopping arcade and went in to have a look around. Sadly, as is usually the case, most of the units were empty although pleasantly not at all run down so hopefully they will get filled up with more fab shops like 'Claire's Collectables' – an amazing shop just full to the brim with old crockery. I was tempted in by boxes of old tea saucers and plates outside all for 50p or a £1. I emerged some time later with a load of vintage plates and having had my photo taken by the lovely shop owner amongst the vast array of plates! I can highly recommend seeking her out if you love vintage plates and bargains.

No comments:

Post a Comment